“The goal of adulthood is to let go of the other possible existences and to make the best of the one. A successful adult is one who understands that it doesn’t matter which life you ultimately pick, only that you live it well.”
– Physician Chris Ballas in a blog post
Use The 20-20-20 Rule
Screens. Staring at them is a non-negotiable part of modern life. And our eyes aren’t exactly thrilled about it.
Eye strain is real, it’s common, and it’s uncomfortable. To avoid it, memorize this simple rule:
Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
The 20 feet doesn’t have to be exact, just aim to look at something far away. Why 20 seconds? That’s how long it takes for our eyes to completely relax.
If you’re on a screen all day, consider setting reminders or using a free app like this one. Your eyes will thank you for it.
Declutter Your Mind
Much like your desk, your brain works better when it’s tidy. Enter the end-of-day brain dump – the perfect way to declutter your mind!
We like to look at this in two parts:
- Reflecting on today. What could you do better? What went right? Remember that counting wins is powerful!
- Planning for tomorrow. If your brain is swimming with tasks and priorities, get them out onto paper. You’ll sleep better and hit the ground running in the morning.
Panda Planner guides you through all of the above so you can keep a clutter-free mind. If you’re not already using yours at the end of the day, why not try it tonight?
Kate Hudson, Actress & Businesswoman
You’ve seen her on the silver screen, but did you know Kate Hudson is also the co-founder of brands like Fabletics and INBLOOM? Here’s how she spends her mornings:
- Gets straight into her workout gear. “That helps motivate me to move my body in some way.”
- Does some exercise. (She likes yoga, pilates, dance, functional training and more.)
- Hydrates with celery juice and water with lemon.
- Meditates and does breathwork. “I try to connect to the root of the issue that’s bothering me so that I don’t misdirect my feelings.”
Why it works:
- 9 out of 10 people in one survey said putting on workout gear motivates them to hit the gym. Try it – it really does work!
- Morning exercise is awesome (of course). Choose what feels best for you.
- Celery juice is rich in nutrients (though not all claims about it are research-backed). Hydration is definitely important!
- Meditation has many incredible (and proven) benefits.
Is meditation part of your morning routine? Remember that it doesn’t have to be long or complicated. Here’s a 10-min meditation of Kate’s you can try at home.