“If you can’t yet do great things, do small things in a great way.”
– Napoleon Hill
Ditch The Diet Mentality
So, instead of dieting, try:
- Focusing on the process rather than the end goal. I.e., Focus on building healthy habits day-to-day rather than fixating on a weight loss goal.
- Mindful eating. Being present when we eat helps us enjoy food more and get back in touch with hunger/fulness cues.
If you’ve never tried mindful eating, why not give it a go? Here’s a guide to getting started.
Use a Scheduling App for Meetings
Scheduling a meeting can involve more back and forth than a center court tennis match. Solution? Use an app.
Here are some that aggregate, automate, and integrate your calendars (yes please):
Do you have a favorite app for productivity? Send us your recommendations!
Agatha Relota Luczo, Founder of Furtuna Skin
While she tries to fit in a workout later in the day, Agatha Relota Luczo’s mornings are more work and family focused. After waking at 6 am and stretching, she:
- Has a shot of extra virgin olive oil and some warm water with lemon.
- Spends time with her kids and gets them ready for school.
- Gets to work. “I answer emails, connect with our team, and flesh out everything on my to-do list.”
- At night, spends more quality time with the family. “We love doing gratitude journals together and I’ve found that it deepens [our] conversations.”
Why it works:
- Says Agatha: “There are so many benefits of high-grade EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) for gut health.” Research agrees: EVOO has many health benefits.
- We’ll say it again: strong relationships are the key to health and happiness.
- Gratitude journaling is awesome – and has lasting effects on the brain.
You need only look inside a Pander Planner to know that we’re all for counting blessings and wins, so we love the idea of also making gratitude a family affair. Have you ever tried it?